Registration is free of charge. Given that the Academy is currently receiving a large number of applications for the Centre for Studies and Research – Online, the decision has been made to close the deadline to apply for this programme on August 1st, 2020 at 23:59 hrs. (GMT+1).
N.B.: This session of the Centre will be held entirely in English.
Candidates wishing to apply for the Centre should upload the following documents to the online registration form:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID;
- An identity photograph;
- A copy of your highest degree certificate or an official document from your university certifying that you are preparing to obtain a degree (official transcripts are accepted as well). If the original document isn't in English, please add a translation. You can translate the document into English yourself, as long as you add a sworn statement to it, certifying its accuracy and adding the date, place, your name and signature.
- A curriculum vitae with, if applicable, a list of publications
- A short letter giving reasons for the application (1-2 pages). In the letter of motivation please also mention the topic(s) you would like to work on from among those proposed by the Directors of Research and indicated on the website or please indicate your suggestion(s) for (a) topic(s) related to the overall theme of “Epidemics and International Law”.
- A recommendation letter from a professor of international law
Before applying, we ask you to consult the provisional agenda of the programme.
The results of the selection of participants for the online session of the Centre will be communicated by e-mail to applicants in August/September 2020.
Instructions for having the recommendation letter sent by your referee:
In the recommendation letter the professor must indicate his/her full title, name, university/company and email address. References must be written in English.
The recommendation letter should be signed and sent personally by the referee in PDF file format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't ask your referee to send a hard copy.
Applicants are required to fill out the name of their referee in their application form. The recommendation letters received by the Academy will be added to the applicant's dossier.