The 2017 External Programme is fully booked and therefore we are not accepting any new applications. Registration for the 2018 session will be possible as of May 1st, 2018.
Candidates wishing to apply for the External Programme should upload the following documents to the online registration form:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID;
- An identity photograph;
- A copy of your highest degree certificate or an official document from your university certifying that you are preparing to obtain a degree. If the original document isn't in English or French, please add a translation. You can translate the document into English or French yourself, as long as you add a sworn statement to it, certifying its accuracy and adding the date, place, your name and signature.
- A curriculum vitae with, if applicable, a list of publications
- A short letter giving reasons for the application (1-2 pages)
- A recommendation letter from a professor of international law
Instructions for having the recommendation letter sent by your referee: In the recommendation letter the professor must indicate his/her full title, name, university/company and email address. References can be written in English or French. They should be signed and sent personally as PDF files to Professor Jean-Marc Thouvenin, Secretary-General, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't ask your referee to send a hard copy.
Applicants are required to fill out the name of their referee in their application form. Letters received by the Academy will be added to the applicant's dossier.