Candidates wishing to apply for the External Programme should upload the following documents to the online registration form:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID;
- An identity photograph;
- A copy of your highest degree certificate or an official document from your university certifying that you are preparing to obtain a degree. If the original document isn't in English or French, please add a translation. You can translate the document into English or French yourself, as long as you add a sworn statement to it, certifying its accuracy and adding the date, place, your name and signature.
- A curriculum vitae with, if applicable, a list of publications
- A short letter giving reasons for the application (1-2 pages)
- A recommendation letter from a professor of international law
Instructions for having the recommendation letter sent by your referee: In the recommendation letter the professor must indicate his/her full title, name, university/company and email address. References can be written in English or French. They should be signed and sent personally as PDF files to Ms. Monique Legerman, Deputy Secretary-General for Administrative Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't ask your referee to send a hard copy.
Applicants are required to fill out the name of their referee in their application form. Letters received by the Academy will be added to the applicant's dossier.