The Winter Programme is aimed at students and practitioners seeking a deeper understanding of international law, both public or private. The Hague Academy of International Law awards all participants to the Winter Courses who have regularly attended the lectures a Certificate of Attendance.
The Winter Courses are open to:
- Candidates who have completed at least 4 consecutive years of university studies, which must have included lectures on international law;
- Candidates holding a 3-year university law degree (LL.B. or other) on the start date of the upcoming Winter Courses, preferably having already followed some courses in international law.
All candidates must master one of the two working languages (English or French).
- Early Bird: 1100 Euro (for applicants registering between January 3rd and April 30th, 2018)
- 1250 Euro (for applicants registering between May 1st and August 31st, 2018)
- 650 Euro for scholarship students (valid only for one session, this amount will be deducted from the overall scholarship amount)
Payment must be made upon receipt (by e-mail) of a letter of pre-admission and an invoice. You can pay online via your Hague Academy account or by international bank transfer to:
Académie de droit international de La Haye
IBAN: NL20 ABNA 0606 0308 83
Your registration will be confirmed via a letter of admission upon receipt of the payment by our bank. Registration fees are not refundable except in cases of serious medical emergency or other exceptional circumstances, to be assessed by and proven to the Academy.
NB: Eligible full-fee applications are reviewed on a rolling and first-come, first-served basis from the moment the registration period starts (i.e. January 3rd, 2018). Candidates should note that due to the large number of applications received, the available places tend to fill up rather quickly. Applicants may therefore be put on a waiting list.