Application Guidelines – Centre
Participation is free of charge. Each selected participant receives a partial reimbursement of travel expenses to and from The Hague.
Candidates wishing to apply for the Centre should upload the following documents to the online registration form:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID;
- An identity photograph;
- A copy of your highest degree certificate or an official document from your university certifying that you are preparing to obtain a degree (official transcripts are accepted as well). If the original document isn’t in English or French, please add a translation. You can translate the document into English or French yourself, as long as you add a sworn statement to it, certifying its accuracy and adding the date, place, your name and signature;
- A curriculum vitae with, if applicable, a list of publications;
- A short letter giving reasons for the application (1-2 pages);
- A recommendation letter from a Professor of international law.
The results of the selection of participants for the 2024 edition of the Centre will be communicated by e-mail to applicants in October 2023.
Instructions for having the recommendation letter sent by your referee:
In the recommendation letter the Professor must indicate his/her full title, name, University/company and e-mail address. References must be written in English or French.
They should be signed and sent personally as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org by the registration deadline. Please don’t ask your referee to send a hard copy.
Applicants are required to fill out the name of their referee in their registration form. Recommendation letters received by the Academy will be added to the applicant’s dossier.