The 2020 edition of the Centre for Studies and Research on "Applicable Law Issues in International Arbitration” has been postponed to the summer 2021.
Registration forms are reopened and available online until September 1st, 2020.
Registration is free of charge. Each selected participant receives a daily allowance and a partial reimbursement of travel expenses to and from The Hague.
Candidates wishing to apply for the Centre should upload the following documents to the online registration form:
- A copy of your valid passport or ID;
- An identity photograph;
- A copy of your highest degree certificate or an official document from your university certifying that you are preparing to obtain a degree (official transcripts are accepted as well). If the original document isn't in English or French, please add a translation. You can translate the document into English or French yourself, as long as you add a sworn statement to it, certifying its accuracy and adding the date, place, your name and signature.
- A curriculum vitae with, if applicable, a list of publications
- A short letter giving reasons for the application (1-2 pages)
- A recommendation letter from a professor of international law
The results of the selection of participants for the Centre will be communicated by e-mail to applicants in April 2020.
Instructions for having the recommendation letter sent by your referee:
In the recommendation letter the professor must indicate his/her full title, name, university/company and email address. References must be written in English or French.
They should be signed and sent personally as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't ask your referee to send a hard copy.
Applicants are required to fill out the name of their referee in their application form. Letters received by the Academy will be added to the applicant's dossier.